Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Looking Back

This picture that you see here to the right of my blog----------------------------------------> took me by surprise tonight to the point of tears. She is so tiny! She will never be that tiny again, and although I love seeing her grow, thrive, and do new things, it makes me sad. I just want to savor every moment....without holding her back for my own sake. Last night I was in the kitchen making dinner, and Dan was holding her in the living room (which is all open). My heart was so full I thought it was going to burst as I heard him talking to her about what all she could be when she got older. What a blessing from God she is to us. To walk by her crib and see her face light up and arms reach out for me when she sees me brings a smile to my face, no matter what time of night. ;) Don't get me wrong...li'l Miss Thang loves to fake cry when I don't pick her up right away...she frequently wakes up and won't go back to sleep unless I lay her on my chest in bed with us...and the girl can be stubborn. And don't be surprised if she wears pink while rocking a faux hawk. We have to have a little sassy to round out her sweetness. She is a pretty amazing girl. I know we aren't perfect parents, but I don't ever want to disappoint her. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment