Thursday, December 8, 2011

Celebrating Today

Many people have asked me if I am scared that the birth mom will change her mind when the baby is born.
I would be lying if I said that I am not afraid of that happening.
The truth is that it is a possibility.
It is a risk.

The thing I have to remember is that there is risk in every pregnancy.
There are possibilities that something could happen in any stage of any pregnancy.
Does that keep the expectant mom from planning for a birth?
Of course not!
As far as she knows at that moment, she is having a baby at the appointed time.

That is how I have to look at things.
Today, I will celebrate the awaited arrival of my baby girl.
Today, I will continue to pray for Masie and the birth mom.
Today, I will plan and prepare for her to be in our home.
Today, I will close my eyes and smile at the thought of this precious gift.

I will celebrate today because it is what I have.
Three months ago I couldn't say that.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing perspective! I am just now getting caught up on your blog & this is something that I had feared for you. I rejoiced the day I read on FB about your court date! It is amazing to read this post & see how you handled this :)

    ReplyDelete